Thursday, January 9, 2014

Stealing ideas

Where do ideas come from?

1) Copy
2) Transform
3) Combine

I thought that the video was really interesting since I am constantly thinking about and contemplating the origin of ideas. This thought process takes place in many facets of my life, not just art. When writing papers I  worried that I am not being original enough as well as my art. I have constantly been told that ideas are never original anymore because everyone has already thought of every possibility by this point in time. Although I understand this claim in some respects I still am not comfortable or content with the idea. Despite my skepticism and unhappiness regarding the idea that nothing is new anymore, I find it very relieving to see a very credible Ted talk among other influential and popular sources such as "steal like an artist" promoting this idea and getting behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment