Thursday, January 30, 2014

Art Documentary Response

Base-V

Art as a business

Highgraff

being an artist  is a 100 percent thing

Watching the documentary I will admit that I was not a fan of much of the work that I saw. Not to say that the work wasn't well made, interesting or good, because i thought that it was (and regardless of what i think my opinion does not determine whether or not artwork is good). All i mean to say is that the majority of the work that i saw in the video was not up my ally. I found that this really didn't hinder my enjoyment of the documentary or prevent my appreciation of the film because I in fact greatly enjoy hearing the many artists get interviewed, answer questions and share their views and perspectives on the art world, process and personal style and experiences. I learned from the video that enjoying what an artist has to say is not contingent upon enjoying their actual artwork.these artist were really inspiring to see and hear talk about their individuality and origins as artists because each one is so different, and each one is so aware of what being an artist consists of in their eyes. For me i have yet to develop even a sliver of an idea regarding my process as an artist or how i create but seeing people so young have so much competence and understanding when it comes to talking about. Some of the artists who's work i did actually enjoy were Base-V and Highgraff both of which made graffiti esque artwork which is no surprise since i tend to be drawn towards this kind of artwork but again the art is not what made the movie so interesting to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment